Hope Mission 2023
26th of June 2022 marks Hope Mission: a month when you have the opportunity to support projects that bring hope and put our faith in action (James 2:14-20).
We do that through prayer and through financial support to create lasting life change and lead people to encounter Jesus in a new way.
Hope Chapel loves God and brings hope to our community and also to those in need in India, the Philippines and Indonesia.
Our Hope Mission for the past year giving has:
- Support provided daily for those going through tough times.
- Food care program in Blacktown providing free fruits and vegetables and greatly subsidised groceries. We continued through lockdown with drive-through facilities.
- Provided meals to disadvantaged students in Blacktown high schools.
- Gifted hampers to women in domestic violence shelters.
- Gifts to children staying in hotels while in foster care.
- Gifted Christmas hampers for Blacktown residents and offered free photos with Santa, while offering support and care.
- DIY Easter egg kits brought to the community and photos with the Easter Bunny, and the opportunity for the community to connect with our care programs.
- Gifts to children in hospitals, and thank you gifts to essential workers during lockdown.
- NSW flood relief.
- Provided water tanks to villages with access to no fresh water.
- Sponsored fatherless children and orphans for an education.
- Provided programs to assist children fleeing from the human trafficking and slavery.
- Assisted orphanages to continue providing a home, education, and forever family for orphans.
- Supported prisoners to receive essentials while in person and intensive rehabilitation and job opportunities out of prison.
- Support micro-industries to enable long-term self-sustainability of income generation and funding for humanitarian support.
- Organised urgent relief from natural disasters.
- Given skills training and secured jobs for victims of domestic violence so they can choose safety.
- Contributed towards a building for Junior High School for Hope Village school.
- Adopt-A-Family providing basic food supplies where international work has been suspended due to COVID-19.
- Equipment purchased to support ongoing community engagement.
- Contributed towards teachers salaries at Hope Village Indonesia so they could teach students in their village homes since school fees ceased.
And for the next 12 months, we want to do that, and more.
COVID-19 has increased the needs around us, and we will continue to respond. We are on a mission to do all we can, knowing that what we give to God is multiplied.
Your Hope Mission 2022 gift
If you would prefer to schedule your own giving through direct debit, please use your name as the reference:
Hope Chapel BSB: 032071
The theme for HOPE MISSION 2022 is focus
"I admit that I haven’t yet acquired the absolute fullness that I’m pursuing, but I run with passion into his abundance so that I may reach the purpose for which Christ Jesus laid hold of me to make me his own. I don’t depend on my own strength to accomplish this; however I do have one compelling focus: I forget all of the past as I fasten my heart to the future instead.”
Philippians 3:12-13 TPT
We know that when Jesus is over everything that we believe, do, give, and choose, that we are changed, along with the world around us. God multiplies what we surrender to Him.
And we know that we can trust Him.
We know that:
- God is the owner of everything.
- What we have has been given to us by God.
- The resources we possess are assets to be invested in the kingdom.
- Our generosity reveals our faith in God.
- Because we have hope, we want to share that hope with others.
We give this Hope Mission because we are called to love to the hungry, hurting, lonely, desperate, imprisoned, orphaned, abandoned, abused, hopeless, and unseen, and to people all around us who are stuck living life running on empty with no purpose.
But we also give because of what it does in us.
But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.
- Jeremiah 17:7-8